Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Installation error: The virtual hard disk file is
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Installation error: The virtual hard disk file is
Installation error: The virtual hard disk file is 8 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1
When I try to complete the install VmLite Xp mode under 7 ultimate 64 (non vt cpu), the istall never finishes. I am usinf the latest vesion of VmLite. I have tried to install and unistall the app several times but each time i either get this error or it just hungs up while trying to create a virtual hard drive. Nevertheless, the install of VMlite workstatin is sucesccfull.

thanks.
w18593323
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Installation error: The virtual hard disk file is 8 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1
Hi w18593323,

Try this:

1. Delete all VMs
2. Deinstall VML-WS
3. Delete folder: %USERPROFILE%\VMLites (very important, I think)
4. Reboot host

Try all installing of VML-XOM again.

TOPIC: Possibly some BUGs in "VMLite XP Mode" scripts

Good luck!

Uwe
uwe
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/12/14 06:55 By uwe.
Uwe

Re:Installation error: The virtual hard disk file is 8 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1
I have installed deleted all and reinstall the VMLite with the same result. I get the screen back saying " the virtual hard drive is not present c:\Users\user\Desktop\VirtualWindwsXP.vhd". On the background the virtual disk initialization dialog hs a moving the progress bar but no change.

IS there any way to create a vhd on the proper location with the proper name so the WMLite Xp will find it and proceed?
w18593323
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Installation error: The virtual hard disk file is 8 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 52
Did u check by hand? whether or not c:\Users\user\Desktop\VirtualWindwsXP.vhd is present?

You can try this:

Run VMLite Wizard as Administrator, and repeat the creation, try to use default names and folders, for now.
admin
graph
User Offline

No is it not present. The file never get created. I tried like 10 times using the def. Both with the XPMODE file from Microsoft on the desktop and on the vmlites folder, just in case it was a permission issue. The VMLITE engine works fine as I can create VM and install vista ( just a test to verify the correctness of the install), but if I try to run the VM wizzard, it hungs EVERY time on the creation if the file, ie the file is NEVER created. Thanks.
w18593323
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Installation error: The virtual hard disk file is 8 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 52
Can you check if there is a .vhd file in %UserProfile%\VMLites\vxp-download\extracted ?

Any error messages from the xpm wizard?
admin
graph
User Offline

Go to topPage: 1