Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Two Computers in One?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1234567
TOPIC: Two Computers in One?
Re:Two Computers in One? 9 Years ago Karma: 1
eeee..
Natrix
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2011/12/14 14:59 By Natrix.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

huisinro wrote:

Our device has graphics card builtin, so I don't think you need to insert a new graphics care in your host? Do I under you correctly?
[/quote]

not that it need another new graphics card, but if it rely on the one already there.
Can you disable the primary graphic card and let your device do all the work ?
or like in XenServer can you use your device with a primary graphic card ( a virtual one in XenServer) installed with the driver from windows the "Standart VGA driver" who do not provide avanced 3D feature like directx but working for normale user who use flashplayer on web, play video ...

So if you can test your device with a Windows host with a primary graphic card installed with the driver "Standart VGA driver" from Microsoft ( the universel VGA driver windows use before installing the specific driver like one from Nvdia or Ati.)
If it work then should work great in Xen/XCP/XenServer.)

Your device is available now ?
Then I buy it now !( remmender that I dont want use it with VMLite workstation at all.)
What is the price ?
Natrix
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Two Computers in One? 9 Years ago Karma: 86
Thanks for the info. It's working on Windows host with VMLite. Basically, we assign the vm console to a device, and attach usb keyboard/mouse to the vm too. We don't use any of the PCI forwarding. We designed this for vmlite, and never checked other virtual machine software, so honestly speaking, I am not sure whether it will work for XenServer. We will test it a bit, but not a high priority. I think vmlite performs better than Xen, and has better guest additions, etc.

The network version of the device is around $100 a piece as retail, more volumes would be cheaper. The USB version is around $75 a piece.
huisinro
graphgraph

Your right VMlite perform better for some usage, but I realy need to use Xen for its device passthrough. I dont think, just for now, that vmlite perform better then an real graphic adaptor in xen for use with CAD graphic and every multimedia/game possible. but I think with your fast avancement with directx and opengl emulation it will be more great then xen in the future! Who know maybe you will have a Pool of VMLite in High availability soon!
Thank you very much for your time.
Natrix
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

huisinro wrote:

The network version of the device is around $100 a piece as retail, more volumes would be cheaper. The USB version is around $75 a piece.

So if I understand correctly your device its not vmlite dependant ?
And if I understand correcly again your device can be install on a natif Windows 7 PC ( no vmlite, no vm ) for redirecting VGA/Audio/Usb over network with your software installed for driving by network your device.

I'm sure you can sell it for Windows VM Zero-Client in Xen.(your will be the only know device for multiseat working in Xen, for sure because every other have the requirement of the "famous" displaylink tech.)

Can I buy one already for testing ?
The network version would be great for me.
I will be please to make some test by my side and tell you my results.

Thanks!
Natrix
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/11/01 14:23 By Natrix.

Re:Two Computers in One? 9 Years ago Karma: 86
Sorry for this late reply. We need to do some initial tests, I don't want to disappoint you.

I just attached 4 clients to my laptop, they appear as 4 extra monitors, and vmlite workstation can assign vm to each of these displays, but it's not through USB attachment. It's using multi-screen APIs.

This is a picture shows 4 monitors from these 4 devices:

www.vmlite.com/images/zeroclient.jpg
huisinro
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/11/02 22:49 By huisinro.

Go to topPage: 1234567