Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Two Computers in One?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1234567
TOPIC: Two Computers in One?
Re:Two Computers in One? 9 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
admin wrote:
Nice to know wireless mouse worked !

This is good question, you want the guest to use built-in keyboard and mouse, right now it won't work, guest has to rely on USB devices.

Can you insert 2 wireless mouses? This way, you leave one to host

I have 2 wireless mouse (1 alone and 1 come with wireless keyboard) and i can setup like u said. But my problem is the laptop have keyboard and i want use it for the guest, will In the future it work? Or have any software support that?

Thanks
Quang.
asturias
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2011/02/23 16:28 By asturias.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Two Computers in One? 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 52
Attached is the device that we are going to sell to our users.

You can connect the device to local network, and allow a virtual machine to be used by a second person.

Features:

(1) Device is small, 100g in weight, 97mm(L) x 75m(W) x 26mm (H) in dimension
(2) Gigbit ethernet port
(3) DVI output, 2 USB ports, audio output, reset button, power input
(4) Support up to 6 devices per physical computer, so one computer can be used by 7 people at the same time. We will increase this limit to more people in future.
(5) display resolution up to 1920x1080.
admin
graph
User Offline
Last Edit: 2011/03/12 13:23 By .

Re:Two Computers in One? 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 1
can this device be used on virtual machine on other system like Xen or XenServer if in the virtual machine I passthrough the usb controller natively with Intel VT-D and plug this device.

XenServer use VGA standard windows drivers, but I can passthrough a Graphic card to the vm to.
I search for a working USB solution for zero-client in XenServer. (In xen we can passthrough any usb device.)
For now on XenServer only VGA passthrough work well for multimedia( but cost a graphic card for every vm). other USB device working with displaylink need a Graphic Card too.
I succed pass vga to with an USB 2.0 to VGA adaptor, but it frezze sometime.
If your device work with controlling a PC ("no VM") with usb, but a PC with VGA standard driver like in Xen, It probaly work great on XenServer VM. then you will have the only dapator working stable with VT-d usb passthrough!
Natrix
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Two Computers in One? 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 1
QUOTE (4) Support up to 6 devices per physical computer, so one computer can be used by 7 people at the same time.

do you mean control the same Windows OS !?! or control VM the windows host?
Natrix
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Two Computers in One? 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 86
It refers the total number of devices can be attached to a physical computer. 6 such devices can be connected to a pc, with each device assigned to a vm. This limit should be
more in the future.

Natrix wrote:
QUOTE (4) Support up to 6 devices per physical computer, so one computer can be used by 7 people at the same time.

do you mean control the same Windows OS !?! or control VM the windows host?
huisinro
graphgraph

Re:Two Computers in One? 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 86
The picture shows the network version, which requires some software to run on the host in order to use the devices. At the moment, this piece of software works only on Windows host.

However, we do have the USB version, which can connect directly to a host with no software required. This version has better chance to work with Xen server. Since it's used based, so you will have to connect the device using USB cable, which is quite distance limited.

Our device has graphics card builtin, so I don't think you need to insert a new graphics care in your host? Do I under you correctly?

Natrix wrote:
can this device be used on virtual machine on other system like Xen or XenServer if in the virtual machine I passthrough the usb controller natively with Intel VT-D and plug this device.

XenServer use VGA standard windows drivers, but I can passthrough a Graphic card to the vm to.
I search for a working USB solution for zero-client in XenServer. (In xen we can passthrough any usb device.)
For now on XenServer only VGA passthrough work well for multimedia( but cost a graphic card for every vm). other USB device working with displaylink need a Graphic Card too.
I succed pass vga to with an USB 2.0 to VGA adaptor, but it frezze sometime.
If your device work with controlling a PC ("no VM") with usb, but a PC with VGA standard driver like in Xen, It probaly work great on XenServer VM. then you will have the only dapator working stable with VT-d usb passthrough!
huisinro
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/10/31 12:16 By huisinro.

Go to topPage: 1234567