Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Can't connect to Samsung S5 (running Lollipop)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Can't connect to Samsung S5 (running Lollipop)
Can't connect to Samsung S5 (running Lollipop) 2 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

I've been using VMLite for a while, very useful.

However, since upgrading to Lollipop, I can't connect anymore, either from USB or WiFi.

I've:

1. Bought a legitimate copy from the Google Play store, re-installed it (several desperate times)
2. Installed Samsung USB drivers
3. Installed latest VMLite Android App controller, and run it- says "VMLite VNC Server is successfully started on bf5f47bc.You can now safely disconnect your device from this PC, and quit this program." - tried clicking on 'USB Connect' I just see two boxes Local Host Port/Device VNC Port, both show 5901. Can't connect to IP address using VNC client from PC, tried different WiFi networks (made sure both PC and phone on same subnet/network etc)
4. Phone is a rooted SM-G900i, running stock Android Lollipop ver. 5.0, build LRX21T.G900IDVU1BOE1 (from Google->Samsung->my phone provider (Telstra, Australia)

I'm at a loss as to what to try next, any suggestion would be very welcome.

buzzl
buzzl
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Can't connect to Samsung S5 (running Lollipop) 2 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
OK, some good news and bad news.

Good news - I can now VNC to my phone

'Bad' news - I don't know why ...

The only thing I did was to (not because of VMLite, but because my phone was getting too full):

1. Cleared cache with TWRP
2. Cleared Dalvik cache with TWRP (and all my apps were 'optimized')
3. Cleared the log files, using the *#9900# method: forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy...ace-running-out.html

I did not update the VMLite app on phone or PC, but after plugging in USB cable, running the desktop app, server started up(hadn't seen that for a while ...).

Just for the hell of it, I also rebooted the phone, and tried to start the VMLite VNC server without the USB cable and desktop app ... and I get the info pop-up after a few seconds telling me to 'Please connect this device to a PC ...'.

So I still have an issue, in that prior to Lollipop, I could start the server 'untethered'. I would still like this facility, as I sometimes VNC from my Chromebook to my phone, so I don't have the ability to use the VMLite Android App Controller.

However, more bad news - after rebooting, the USB tether approach failed, so I'm back where I started. I had some hope there for a while!

It's frustrating, as the dekstop app says the server is running, but the Android app now refuses to start the Server (screen show the start button, hitting that does nothing for a few seconds, then the pop-up appears asking me to connect via USB - which I did !
buzzl
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1