Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

VMLite VNC Server Broken On Android Lollipop?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1234567
TOPIC: VMLite VNC Server Broken On Android Lollipop?
Re:VMLite VNC Server Broken On Android Lollipop? 3 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks! Those pics are pretty old though, I simplified and improved things quite a bit over the last year.

The frame rate is *good enough* for navigation and traffic reporting apps like Google Maps and Waze, as well as Pandora, Spotify, and Torque. Basically any app that doesn't require a high frame rate like YouTube. I tried several Android VNC server apps and VMlite was the fastest.

I don't stream videos in my car but if you folks can make a faster better solution that works like VNC or RDP that would be great, sign me up!
oritpro
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:VMLite VNC Server Broken On Android Lollipop? 3 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 86
right, for those type of interactive apps, vnc is good enough. What is the os running on your dashboard?
huisinro
graphgraph

Re:VMLite VNC Server Broken On Android Lollipop? 3 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
That's Window 7 32-bit running on an Intel Atom DN2800MT, the UI on the PC is Centrafuse. I use a button on the steering wheel to toggle between Centrafuse and the Android mirror. The steering wheel buttons and touchscreen control whichever device has focus.

I built a custom controller for the steering wheel media buttons around a Sparkfun Pro Micro. The code running on it debounces the buttons and allows for two button states, short press and long press. This gives me up to 16-programmable functions, I'll put the code up on github one of these days. It was developed over the course of the project and works pretty well, I think others might benefit from it.

The next IVI will run Win 8.1 or Threshold on a Minnowboard Max and be a completely self-contained head unit. I'll probably create a new UI using HTML 5, this project is still in the beginning stages though. I am also looking into Android Auto.

picasaweb.google.com/oritpro/MyIVI3
oritpro
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:VMLite VNC Server Broken On Android Lollipop? 3 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 86
since it's windows receiver, you can probably run our windows airplay receiver, it can also receive iOS mirroring. Search Windows rPlay in this forum to download a trial version. No control yet. Our goal is to provide the fastest streaming solution, plus remote control, for Android and iOS.
huisinro
graphgraph

Using version 2.0.6 on a Nexus 4 with Lollipop, the server starts fine, but it no longer shows the permanent notification when a client connects, unless the server app (where you configure it) is open on the phone. Furthermore, the screen flickers and becomes completely black for short periods of time on TightVNC (not on the phone) every now and then when connected via WiFi (I haven't tried USB); it's kind of annoying.
stridernemesis
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Hi stridernemesis, thanks for reporting the bugs. Right now, I only got one Android 5 device (Nexus 7 2013), so I'd expect some bugs, will improve it and upload new builds.
huisinro
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2014/12/03 20:16 By huisinro.

Go to topPage: 1234567