Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

VMLite Remote for iOS - high quality audio 'stuttering'
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: VMLite Remote for iOS - high quality audio 'stuttering'
VMLite Remote for iOS - high quality audio 'stuttering' 5 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

I've purchased VMLite for iOS from the app store and when I use it to access my remote server (2008 R2) it all works well, except that... when I choose the high quality audio option the sound 'stutters' very badly, just short bursts of sound constantly interrupted.

Is this a known issue? Can you provide any information that will help me to solve this problem?

Any help very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick
ourmeal
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: VMLite Remote for iOS - high quality audio 'stuttering' 5 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 86
This is the desired behavior if the network is slow. Are you playing the sound over 3G or Wifi? Is the default audio quality mode working smoothly? What is your wireless device model?

We are working on more optimizations, but not available at the moment.
huisinro
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/06/17 08:48 By huisinro.Reason: typo

Re: VMLite Remote for iOS - high quality audio 'stuttering' 5 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks for your response.

I am using WiFi, an iPod Touch 4th Generation connected via WiFi to a 10Mb cable Internet connection - sufficient bandwidth surely?

It was specifically for the audio that I purchased the app, so this has been a disappointment and I will seek a refund through the iTunes store.

Thanks anyway.

Regards,

Nick
ourmeal
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: VMLite Remote for iOS - high quality audio 'stuttering' 5 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 86
That's weird, in that case, the voice should be very good. We tested this local area network. Is the server using very high cpu? also try to disable remotefx on vmlite client. We will test and improve this, and provide an update.

By the way, we may provide a server feature in next major version, so you can remote to iphone/ipad from a pc, i.e., the other direction.
huisinro
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1