Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Windows 7 VHD Missing BootMgr
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1234
TOPIC: Windows 7 VHD Missing BootMgr
Re: Windows 7 VHD Missing BootMgr 6 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Huisinro,

Trying the smaller, default 16GB vhd file did not make a difference. BSOD in the same place at the 100GB vhd. I was not able to load diskmgmt.msc from Windows 7 installer Command Prompt but did launch "diskpart" and made sure make the vhd partition active. Same BSOD result. I will change from using a 64-bit ISO to a 32-bit ISO to see if there is a difference utilizing 32-bit vBoot utilities and drivers.

Thank You,
-FreeLancer75
FreeLancer75
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Windows 7 VHD Missing BootMgr 6 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 86
Kind of weird, I just tested the vboot v2, and it works well on my side.

Another thing to try is to use windows 7 bootmgr to boot the vhd. You can actually boot vboot windows 7 vhd using the normal bcdedit method.

It's supposed to work.
huisinro
graphgraph

Hello,

I'm still encountering BSOD when attempting to boot either a 32-bit or 64-bit vhd using step 7. from the official vBoot 2.0 Instructions. In order to know if I'm performing steps incorrectly or if my system is contributing to what would normally be a successful result, I'd like to ask if someone would provide me a quick set of directions to follow to get vBoot 2.0 installed on a blank physical hard drive and create a bootable Windows 7 Home Premium vhd. I'm not sure how else to proceed at this point but I'll keep at it till I hear from someone.

Thank You,
- FreeLancer75
FreeLancer75
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Hello,

Well, the BSOD does point to the system thinking the dynamic vhd does not have enouh free space to fully expand. The STOP error code was 0X0000012F. I have both verified and started over with several vhd files between 16GB - 100GB. The physical disk host partition is 900GB in size. I'm stumped but I'll keep at it. Maybe this will help someone else out eventually.

- FreeLancer75
FreeLancer75
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Windows 7 VHD Missing BootMgr 6 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 86
12F bugcheck also comes from the date expiration. Send an email to info AT vmlite DOT COM, will send you a better version to play.
huisinro
graphgraph

Huisinro,

No luck with this version yet either. Still getting BSOD when booting Windows 7 vhd. I did wipe my host partition so I was sure to be starting from scratch. I did notice that my system was still set to 01/01/2012 after I reinstalled everything. Could that be causing the same issue in reverse? My system date being set 'older' than this test version? I'll try again tomorrow and report back.

- FreeLancer75
FreeLancer75
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1234