Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Is VMLite right for me?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
exact vm created from host OS instance
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Is VMLite right for me?
Is VMLite right for me? 3 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
I just bought a MINIX NEO X8-H box running Android 4.4.

I originally bought this device becuase I believed it to be low power and remotable using TeamViewer. As it turnes out with Teamviewer you can remote control out to windows and IOS devices but cant remote in to Android from Windows or IOS devices.

What I am hoping to use VMLite for is controlling with video feedback the MINIX box 200 miles away and monitor IP cameras and weather stations on an internal network to the MINIX device.

An important factor is solar power is only available during the day and no power at night. This means the device will power down after sunset and wont power back up until a couple hours after sunrise.

I'm hoping VMLite will do the trick, but may need to root device (whatever that is). rDisplay doesn't sound like it would work for anything other than seeing the remote display, but unable to control it.

Can someone tell me where to go to learn how to use VMLite in this configuration?

Thanks,

Allen Stewart
astewart999
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Is VMLite right for me? 3 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 86
Hi Allen,

Yes, you can use our Android VNC Server to do that. We have X8-H box (which is very nice device), and works fine. We also have other customers using the vnc server on Minix X8H.

Since you need to auto start the server after boot, you need to root the device.

I noted that from adb, x8H is actually rooted, but it won't work from android app, so you will need to do a bit more rooting the device.
huisinro
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1