Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

VMLite Over USB
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
exact vm created from host OS instance
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: VMLite Over USB
VMLite Over USB 3 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
For my application, I want to control my Moto G running Android 4.4.2 over USB from my windows 7 PC. The device has not been rooted, but I connected the phone app to the VMLite Android App Controller on the PC in order to start the server on the phone. The app on the phone is showing an IP address for VNC viewer over port 5901 and the same ip address for a browser over port 5801. I have tried connecting using both of these methods, but I get a 'network error' on the browser and timeout in VNC Viewer. I have tried the command adb forward tcp:5801 tcp:5801 and command adb forward tcp:5901 tcp:5901 in a command window, but that did not help.

To be clear, the phone is NOT on the same network as the PC. The PC does not have a wireless network card. I had thought that VMLite would operate over wifi OR USB. Perhaps I am mistaken.

Thanks for your help and your time.
bigflyman64
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: VMLite Over USB 3 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 86
Weird, what you did is correct. Your pc does not to be in same
network as the android device. In fact, your android does not need to turn on wifi.

After adb forward commands, did you use localhost to connect?
huisinro
graphgraph

Re:VMLite Over USB 3 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Sorry it has taken me a while to reply. I've been exploring other options.

In the VNC Viewer window, under 'VNC Server:' I put in localHost:5901. I think it is a problem with the proxy server at work. I went into 'options' to configure the VNC Viewer to use the proxy server, but I got the error "Unable to connect via myproxy:port: The proxy coudl not connect you to VNC Server. Check that VNC Server is running, and check that your firewall is not preventing the proxy from connecting to it."

I checked the firewall, and it didn't look like it blocked access, and VNC server is running on the phone.
bigflyman64
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1