Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Which Buslogic driver to use
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
forum for VMLite VirtualApps Player, a sandbox for Windows based on application virtualization
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Which Buslogic driver to use
Which Buslogic driver to use 7 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi there,

I am trying to get one of my VMWare server images (XP SP2 client) to work under VMLite workstation. The VMWare client used to use the VMWare SCSI controller (vmscsi.sys latest version) under VMWare Server 2.1 and I was wondering whether this driver is supposed to also work with VMLite Workstation or whether I have to install a different SCSI driver for buslogic. I have been able to start and use the VMWare client successfully using standard IDE, Sata with Intel's 82801 Sata AHCI Controller driver (iastor.sys) and SCSI lsilogic with LSI Adapter Ultra 320 SCSI 2000 Series driver (symmpi.sys). When I use the VMWare Buslogic SCSI driver the client boots successfully but than locks shortly after the logon process. I need to get the client working with the SCSI Buslogic controller to prove full compatibility of VMLite Workstation with VMWare Server 2.x in regards to disk controllers. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks. Dieter
aussie_bauer
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Which Buslogic driver to use 7 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 52
In general, VSCSI driver is highly tied with the virtual machine software, so I don't expect vmware vscisi.sys to work in vmlite.

You can first make IDE to work in vmlite, then try to change to SCSI controller under vmlite workstation.
admin
graph
User Offline

Re: Which Buslogic driver to use 7 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Could you please provide me or recommend a similar generic buslogic driver such as the one use by VMWare server that would work with VMLite workstation. It is important for me that I can get buslogic working using VMLite Workstation and Windows XP as client.

Thanks.
aussie_bauer
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Which Buslogic driver to use 7 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 52
I am playing around. Windows XP doesn't have a builtin support for SCSI disks, so it needs a 3rd party drivers. I am trying to figure out what is that driver.
admin
graph
User Offline

Re: Which Buslogic driver to use 7 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
I would guess it is this one but I could find it anywhere to download.

Microsoft BusLogic MultiMaster PCI SCSI Host Adapter 5.0.2183.1

Maybe you have more luck finding it.

Dieter
aussie_bauer
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Which Buslogic driver to use 7 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Dieter, have you had any luck finding an XP driver for the VMLite definition of the Buslogic SCSI controller? I've searched and tried the few suggestions offered...with zero success.

Shenzie
Shenzie
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12