Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

will VirtualApps Player will be a XenApp/Go-Global alternative ? or somethink "diffirent"
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
forum for VMLite VirtualApps Player, a sandbox for Windows based on application virtualization
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: will VirtualApps Player will be a XenApp/Go-Global alternative ? or somethink "diffirent"
will VirtualApps Player will be a XenApp/Go-Global alternative ? or somethink "diffirent" 7 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
hello

has anyone understand if VirtualApps Player will be a XenApp alternatine ?

i.e it will run an already installed application, in a sandbox, and i will able to "catch" windows creted by application remotely though Internet to a client ?
plouf
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: will VirtualApps Player will be a XenApp/Go-Global alternative ? or somethink "diffirent" 7 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 52
I am not familar with XenApp.

but, the answer is yes to your questions.

It can run existing apps inside a sandbox, and traps all files and registry changes to the system. So if you install a new app, it will be inside the sandbox, too.
admin
graph
User Offline

Re:will VirtualApps Player will be a XenApp/Go-Global alternative ? or somethink "diffirent" 7 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
not exactly (i think) since terms are a bit complicated..

xenapp/go-global execute already isntalled apps inside a sandbox
so you can run the app twice for example, but trap changes
AND GDI drawing AND window creation command to the os (Cretewindow() or how is called)

then tehy send these commands to the host client running on another computer via internet f.e
so the "host client" uses these command to "create the window" to the host
that way an app executed in "server" several parallel times and "clients" "see" the app
and work just like it was on server (seeing local drves on server etc)

this is a way to "execute" programs to server , eat memory from server and CPU resources
but do these form lower end computer connected via internet to server thus "deploying apps that was not designed to be networks app and making them networks apps

.....However... how it will done its not really matters. the idea is to execute the app locally.. many times transparent to user, and control it via low speed internet lines(very important)

that is i am looking for, and up to now only viable solution was Go-global (both in price and requirements since it does not require microsoft terminal serveis / microsoft server)

sorry if i confuse it....
plouf
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:will VirtualApps Player will be a XenApp/Go-Global alternative ? or somethink "diffirent" 7 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 52
seems you are looking for remote apps, right? running on the server, but remotely displayed on clients.

We are implementing our own terminal server and RDP client too. The RDP can support running a single application. Our terminal server will take quite some time to come, but when available, you will be able to use it on any Windows machines, such as Windows XP, to connect multiple users remotely.
admin
graph
User Offline

Re:will VirtualApps Player will be a XenApp/Go-Global alternative ? or somethink "diffirent" 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
The thread creator might not be still around, but it may be useful for others looking for alternatives to Citrix XenApp/Go-Global.
I think that Winflector (www.winflector.com) could be a replacement for Citrix XenApp. It does not use TS licenses or RDP protocol. There's a free version for 2 users licensed for commercial use aswell.
caru
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1