Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

VirtualApps Player Suitability
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
forum for VMLite VirtualApps Player, a sandbox for Windows based on application virtualization
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: VirtualApps Player Suitability
VirtualApps Player Suitability 7 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 0

I am trying to find a virtualization program that will allow me to test software
that requires a restart to complete the installation.

I've looked at other programs like Returnil, but they can't do the final restart without resetting the virtual system.

From a Returnil forum I was directed here.

Can the VirtualApps Player do a restart (either virtual or physical) that will be sufficient to finish test-software installation without resetting everything?

The only download link I see is the one for VMLite Workstation.
Does anyone know how to access the rest?

Thank you.
Fresh Boarder
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Re: VirtualApps Player Suitability 7 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 52
VirtualApps player does not support host rebooting yet, and it's in alpha phase of testing, which is why download is not available yet. We will make it to be free for personal and educational use when available. Reboot support should be easy to add. We will consider it.

I wanted to ask why you don't use a full virtual machine, such as VMLite Workstation for your testing? Is it the performance concerning you? or your program needs to access hardware that are not supported by vm?

The other solution I think is better for software testing would be our VBoot. It allows you to boot a physical computer, so it's not running in virtual environment, and thus have all hardware access. In addition, you can take snapshots, so you can do an instant recovery after your testing is done. It's guaranteed that the machine will be brought to the state before the testing.

We will release VBoot testing version in next two months. It will support Windows XP and above, and Linux too.
User Offline
Last Edit: 2010/03/26 07:13 By .
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to topPage: 1