Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Can't shut down VM
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Can't shut down VM
Can't shut down VM 6 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
I am having trouble shutting down my VM XP Mode. On choosing 'Start' then 'Shutdown'. Instead of stopping, it re-starts into the dos mode (like with an improper shutdown in P) where I can select Safe Mode etc. Trying everything except safe mode will cause it to repeat crash and then re-start. Same for Safe Mode but it also allows me to just close the VM session to Saved state.
Choosing Discard in the Workstation also does not work and just returns to DOS started screen too.

Can you help me shut down this machine to the 'Powered Off' state.

Second option is that, luckly, I do have a full hard drive backup of my main machine of an instance of VM in a stable state and a full restore to that instance of Virtual Machine would be acceptable, but I don't know which files I must restore in order to avoid the above looping to DOS screen. I tried this but it was unsuccessful and the same problem still existed.

At installation, I choose the default setting so if I have a 'VMLite XP mode 3', say in folder 'C:\Users\jack\VMLites' which file do I need to restore.

I would be grateful for any help, thanks.
ConH
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Can't shut down VM 6 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 52
you can change the Close option from VMLite Workstation, click Close node on the right, and change to Prompt or Power off.

Most likely, your vhd disk has been corrupt. You can simply copy back your backup of the .vhd file to c:\users\%loginid%\vmlites\VMLite XP Mode
admin
graph
User Offline

Re: Can't shut down VM 6 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
I think it was the vhd had gotten corrupt. Its really good to have a backup. Restored and now all is well. Thanks.
ConH
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user

Re: Can't shut down VM 6 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 52
we fixed a bug that may cause VHD to become corrupt, will be available in v4.
admin
graph
User Offline

Go to topPage: 1