Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

3d Apps and Games that work in VMLite
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: 3d Apps and Games that work in VMLite
Re:3d Apps and Games that work in VMLite 8 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
is there any way to change display adapter for vmlite into my nvidia display adapter so I can run a game called armed assault 2 on vmlite from my 64 bit os. this has been driving me crazy for several months now, my current specs are below.

6700 quad core intel
2x gtx 260 sli
1tb hd
8 gb ram
windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
asus p5nd mobo

any help would really help me thanks!
XurdeadX
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:3d Apps and Games that work in VMLite 8 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 52
right now, there are problems for 3D on 64-bit host.

However, a virtual machine will never match a real computer in terms of hardware support, which is why we are developing VBoot, so you can actually boot your physical computer using a virtual disk. In your example, you can try to boot your PC using XP Mode VHD, instead of running it in vmlite, this way, you can have full access to your advanced hardware. VBoot will be available for trial in a month or so.
admin
graph
User Offline

Re:3d Apps and Games that work in VMLite 8 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Im sorry I left out the part that I am trying to run the Armed Assault 2 game in 32 bit from a 64 bit host os (windows 7 ultimate). Also, I was just wondering how to run in xp mode vhd, and if that will help run the game that is kind of hardware demanding, isn't xp mode only 16 bit?

Thanks for all your help,

steven
XurdeadX
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:3d Apps and Games that work in VMLite 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
im new to vmlite xp mode, and would cod4 work on the virtual machine cuz its not on my win 7
griyt
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:3d Apps and Games that work in VMLite 8 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Greetings, first post.

Just installed and configured VML on W7 HP x64. Was able to get an old 16-bit Windows app that uses a COM port to run which is very good, one of the reasons I needed a VM. Decided to push the envelope a bit and try an old DOS game that used to run fine in XP. You all remember Redneck Rampage I'm sure No dice, crashes at the sound init. Okay. Tried a real blast from the past, Ultima Underworld 2 -- runs, but VERY SLOWLY. Changed the audio for VML to Soundblaster 16 emulation and that helped a bit with UUW2 but I now have another problem with "looping" system sounds in the XP VM (click to open a folder in Explorer and you hear the "click" system sound looping over and over *very* fast). This is my first night playing with VML so hopeful I can make this work (Suggestions?).
SalsaNChips
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12