Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Updating Files on VBOXSVR Shares
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Updating Files on VBOXSVR Shares
Re: Updating Files on VBOXSVR Shares 3 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1
I had 3 versions of GA available on my host; VBoxGuestAdditions_3.2.10.iso (32Mb), VBoxGuestAdditions_3.2.6.iso (32Mb) and VMLiteGuestAdditions.iso (5 Mb). I have reinstalled the VMLiteGuestAdditions and it seems to be working now. I downloaded the VBox 3.2.6 additions to get Ubuntu 11.11 to work as a VM and I must have installed them by mistake onto this XP Mode VM.

Many thanks for all the help
otamayo
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Updating Files on VBOXSVR Shares 3 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1
Just built a new VMLite XP mode machine from scratch and am using the standard VMLite GA 3.2.6 but I am still having an issue with the Host shares.

I have mapped a drive to \\.hosts\temp with directory called logfiles; I can open a file within the directory using notepad, edit it and save it back without any problems but if I try to rename it file in Windows Explorer I get a "Folder does not exist" error. However, if I use the sfs mapping H: to get to the file H:\temp\logfiles everything works fine.

If I try to map a drive letter directly to the \\.host\sfs\temp folder I get an error "The network path \\.hosts\sfs\temp could not be found". I know I can work around this by creating an actual share on the host to the folder but these issues with the shared folders really stop VMLite from becoming great instead of just good, and I hope that version 4.x when released solves these issues.
otamayo
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user

Re:Updating Files on VBOXSVR Shares 3 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 50
Thanks for reporting this. Thought we had fixed this bug, will double check.
admin
graph
User Offline

Go to topPage: 123