Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

What is wrong with this site as I can't download VMLiteWorkstationSetup.exe
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1234
TOPIC: What is wrong with this site as I can't download VMLiteWorkstationSetup.exe
Re:What is wrong with this site as I can't download VMLiteWorkstationSetup.exe 4 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
PURCHASE is on the menu at the top of the site right next to DOWNLOAD. I still want to find out the difference between the download and paying for the product.
matoor
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:What is wrong with this site as I can't download VMLiteWorkstationSetup.exe 4 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 86
VMLite XP Mode and VMLite Workstation is free for personal use.

The paid version is for corporate users, the main difference is that free version only allows 4 vms to run at the same time. Paid version has no limit.
huisinro
graphgraph

Re:What is wrong with this site as I can't download VMLiteWorkstationSetup.exe 4 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks! That's what I needed to know.
Does anyone have step by step instructions (that are correct and in order) on how to move a working virtual XP mode PC from my old Win 7 PC to my new Win 8 PC so I don't have to do a new XP virtual PC and have to redo all my apps in it?
matoor
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Hi,
it's very simple.

1. You need to install the VMLite on your new Win 8 machine.

If you wish that VMLite VHDs will be installed on another drive as c:\usesers\vmlites (e.g. on drive d:\), you can put a new enviroment variable, es follows (quote huisinro):

"Right click on My Computer, Properties, Advanced system settings, Advanced, Environment Variables, click New... under System variables, enter VBOX_USER_HOME for Variable name, and your path for Variable Value"

Other way, your VHDs will be installed in c:\usesers\vmlites folder.

2. Set general preferences of the Work Station ("File/Preferences")

3. Copy your present VHD from the old machine and paste it to any place on your new machine.

4. Start the VMLite, klick "New" and then "Specify the path of XP Mode..." giving the position of your VHD-file, check "Make a copy of the virtual disk" and start the preparation of VHD on your new machine.

If you are working in a network with both machines, you does not need to copy your old VHD onto a new machine, but you need to give VMLite the path and name of your VHD on the old machine only.

After your XP Mode VHD has been prepared you need to state the settings of the new machine ("Machine/Settings/...) and

that's all.

glen67
glen67
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2013/07/26 01:51 By glen67.

Re:What is wrong with this site as I can't download VMLiteWorkstationSetup.exe 4 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Glen:

You are the greatest. Extremely easy instructions. Now I have my Windows 7 XP Mode virtual machine running on my Windows 8 PC.

Thanks a bunch!!!!!!!!

Mark
matoor
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:What is wrong with this site as I can't download VMLiteWorkstationSetup.exe 4 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,
thank you for your feedback.

Have a nice day!
glen67
glen67
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1234