Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

VMLite XP Mode, causes mouse and keybd to stop functioning after install.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: VMLite XP Mode, causes mouse and keybd to stop functioning after install.
Re:VMLite XP Mode, causes mouse and keybd to stop functioning after install. 4 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
I noticed also that the program is almost 3 years old, or at least hasn't been updated since 2010, according to the download info page. am thinking that it is corrupt, or being corrupted by my machine. even though I DBAN-d the hard drives.
DeltaAgent26
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:VMLite XP Mode, causes mouse and keybd to stop functioning after install. 4 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,
you are right, VMLite Workstation is a relatively old programm, and the Beta-Version is relatively old, too. It seems, VMLite has no lust to improve anything therewith.
But it works.

May be, your download is corrupt.
My first download of Work Station I have made undirectly via a german electronics paper service.
Here you have the address of it:

www.chip.de/downloads/VMLite-XP-Mode_41034533.html

But, however, the Beta-Version, which I have now on my both machines, has been downloaded by me directly from VMLite page, and it works also without any problem.

Here you have the link:

www.vmlite.com/index.php?option=com_rokd...d=153&id=58:beta

You can try the both download possibillities, may be you will be successfull.

Have a nice day
glen67
glen67
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2013/07/25 00:18 By glen67.

Hi,
I have also an idea:

During the installation of VMLite you must enable all VMLite drivers to be installed on your machine.
Perhaps your Windows Firewall or your antivir-software prevents the installation ?
It would be not wrong to check this.

glen67
glen67
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

After doing some more research, I found an article in the microsoft forums that "bulldozer" architecture is not able to run XP Mode without a hot fix. I have an AMD FX 8350 8-core processor.

Here is the link to the hotfix article.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2519499

"You cannot install Windows XP Mode on a Windows 7-based computer that has an AMD Bulldozer-based multicore processor installed"

Also you have to make sure you have H.A.V. (Hardware Assisted Virtualization) turned on in your bios. There is also a Microsoft Update for this.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977206

There are two downloads available depending on your OS, either x86, or x64.

I am currently able to run the Microsoft Virtual PC and XP Mode through that, but it crashes to the desktop, if I set the memory usage to more than 2048MB. with xp mode being only a 32bit OS, it will only allow a total of 3517MB memory usage.

I am going to try re-installing the VMLite workstation again and see if I can get it to work.
DeltaAgent26
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2013/07/25 15:13 By DeltaAgent26.

Hi,
I have no AMD-processor, but Intell core i3 on my both machines, so I don't know which problems this processor architecture causes.

But that, being described by Microsoft, seems to be a problem of XP Mode, but not of VMLite Workstation itself.
As you have described, your problem occurs when you install the VMLite, not after you have installed XP Mode first.

VMLite runs as well on the machines with Hardware Assisted Virtualization being presented/activated in host machine BIOS, as well without it.

On my machines this virtualisation hardware assistance there is an "Intel Virtual Technology", which can be activated in BIOS or not. I have tried the both possibillities and I have observed, that some of my old progs (e.g. my CAD program) are starting in XP Mode significant faster when this parameter has been set "on", but I did not observe any differences in running.
But, in opposite, some third parties programs have a problem with running inside the virtual VMLite machine, when Intel Virtual Technology has been enabled. Some of them are not running at all. I think, that these programs does not accept PAE supporting being thereby enabled, but I am not sure this.
For these reasons, and also, because I am using XP Mode not for playing,but for working only, the hardware virtualisation assistance is by me permanently disabled.

glen67
glen67
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2013/07/25 23:16 By glen67.

Yes I understand that it is not meant to be used for gaming, as there is not enough video ram in xp mode. I have been able to run it in the past without issue (even as recently as three months ago), however, now it plays havoc with the mouse and keyboard.

I am trying to use it for older versions of Office, Photoshop and Nero software.

However, I am still getting the original problem that I posted with, with the mouse and ketboard, that either do not function properly, or, do not function at all, once I have clicked on any of the VMLite programs.

I do not know if it is a USB issue, or an issue with the VMlite software, which is why I oringally posted in the "Bugs" thread.
DeltaAgent26
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2013/07/26 00:20 By DeltaAgent26.

Go to topPage: 123