Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

VMLite XP Mode, causes mouse and keybd to stop functioning after install.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: VMLite XP Mode, causes mouse and keybd to stop functioning after install.
VMLite XP Mode, causes mouse and keybd to stop functioning after install. 4 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
After installing workstation, and before installing XP Mode, mouse and keyboard stopped functioning.

Mouse is not able to right-click items. And keyboard becomes unresponsive once xp mode is activated.

All items on win7 desktop become selected, cannot navigate to drop-down menus, or when right clicking to get options from drop-down menus, the drop-down menu disappears immediately.

Any fixes/patches, updates or work-arounds for this?
DeltaAgent26
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:VMLite XP Mode, causes mouse and keybd to stop functioning after install. 4 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,
anything is wrong with your installation of VMLite Work Station.
I have installed as well the regular, as Beta-version and met no problems thereby.
Try to reinstall the Work Station.
But, however, when you are working with the Beta-version beware of choosing "USB Devices" in Devices-Menu ! There is a great bug therein, causing the mouse works crazy or crashes.
But when you leave the Work Station the mouse works correctly again on your host machine.
Regards-glen67
glen67
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2013/07/21 22:20 By glen67.

Re:VMLite XP Mode, causes mouse and keybd to stop functioning after install. 4 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
glen67 wrote:
Hi,
anything is wrong with your installation of VMLite Work Station.
I have installed as well the regular, as Beta-version and met no problems thereby.
Try to reinstall the Work Station.
But, however, when you are working with the Beta-version beware of choosing "USB Devices" in Devices-Menu ! There is a great bug therein, causing the mouse works crazy or crashes.
But when you leave the Work Station the mouse works correctly again on your host machine.
Regards-glen67

Thank you. Will try reinstalling and see what happens.
DeltaAgent26
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Hi,
thank you for your note.
What is your host machine ? In the moment I am running VMLite Beta on two machines, Win7 and Win 8. I find that a lot of old progs are starting significantly faster on the Win 7 host machine, but I find no differences in the execution of them.
Regards-glen67
glen67
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2013/07/22 02:42 By glen67.

I am running Win 7 Ultimate 64bit. I just zero'd my drives. Reinstalled the OS. Tried reinstalling Workstaion to default location. Still having same issue with mouse and keyboard. Is it maybe because they are wireless devices?
DeltaAgent26
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2013/07/24 06:56 By DeltaAgent26.

Hi,
my both mouses are wireless devices 2,4 GHz, the keybords are wired (both machines are the notebooks). I have no problems with it.
VMLite Workstion has no influence on my OS. I have installed and deinstalled VMLite for several times, once the regular, once the Beta version witout any problems.
glen67
glen67
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123