Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

VM Lite in Windows 8
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: VM Lite in Windows 8
VM Lite in Windows 8 5 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
I cannot initialize any *.vhd with vmlite workstation in windows 8.

Also, I received an error message (upon initial load) that the program cannot connect to VMLite.com XP mode. I deleted and reinstalled the program with the same results. The wizard and vmlite workstation both run, but fail to initialize my old virtual hard drives (Windows XP). I cannot currently duplicate the initial error, but the initialization still fails.
UPDATE: The initial errors were caused by Hyper-V (Microsoft's virtual program). I removed Hyper-V and now the vmlite workstation starts normally.
I used vmlite workstation to create a new virtual hard drive. After installing Windows XP - my personal legal copy - I cannot activate the loaded Windows XP operating system.

IS there an unique procedure that I am missing to enable my old vhd's to work on Windows 8?
radarfn
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2013/01/17 10:53 By radarfn.Reason: Update information
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:VM Lite in Windows 8 5 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
The problem turned out to be the fact that once a virtual hard disk is associated with one program (Hyper-V in my case) it cannot be associated with VM lite. I removed the file association(turned off Norton 360) and all is well. Windows XP performs just as well as in Windows 7 (64 bit). Thanks for the help!
-
radarfn
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1