Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Failed to convert, Failed to take snapshot-Myoldpcs
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
MyOldPCs forum
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Failed to convert, Failed to take snapshot-Myoldpcs
Failed to convert, Failed to take snapshot-Myoldpcs 7 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
I am just trying to take a snapshot/convert my old drive onto a portable hard drive in preparation for getting a windows 7 pc.
I have setup the program but almost immediately after starting the message Failed to convert, Failed to take snapshot of volume c pops up.
Any Ideas?
craigdun
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Failed to convert, Failed to take snapshot-Myoldpcs 7 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 52
This error indicates the windows shadow service is not working well on your pc.

Is it NTFS or FAT32 system? shadow service only works on NTFS. If it's NTFS, make sure you start the vssadmin service. Volume Shadow Copy service.
admin
graph
User Offline

Re:Failed to convert, Failed to take snapshot-Myoldpcs 7 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
It is NTFS. 74gb but only 11% free. I am replacing the PC as it's starting to get a bit noisy and slow. Can you give a hint on how to start the vssadmin service. Thanks
craigdun
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user

Re:Failed to convert, Failed to take snapshot-Myoldpcs 7 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 52
go to Control Panel, Service Manager, check Volume Shadow Service, and start it

you may need to delete some trash files, it needs some free spaces to store the snapshot
admin
graph
User Offline

Go to topPage: 1