Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

MyOldPCs fails to build a list of available disks
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
MyOldPCs forum
Go to bottomPage: 12345
TOPIC: MyOldPCs fails to build a list of available disks
MyOldPCs fails to build a list of available disks 7 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

First of all: thanks for the download link for MyOldPCs (took quite a while though).

When I run the program I get the following errormessage almost immediately (2nd screen):
VmLite Error: EnumerateAllBasicDisks() failed, error code: 1

In trying to solve this problem myself, I removed all installed virtual CD/DVD drives (by Daemon Tools Lite), and restarted the program. Something had changed, but this time the error code was 21.

BTW: I am running XP Pro, SP2 on a Dell Latitude D630 laptop, 2Gb memory, 500Gb internal harddisk (C: 47.5Gb, D: 83.7Gb, E: (physical) CD/DVD, R: 334Gb). During system boot my BIOS can only address max. 132Gb; both C: and D: contain boot resources (drivers), so their total size (131.2Gb) may not exceed this max. of 132Gb.

Do you have a solution for my problem? I sincerely hope this can be solved soon.
Leenen
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: MyOldPCs fails to build a list of available disks 7 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 52
you can ignore that debug message. Were you able to proceed to next step?
admin
graph
User Offline

Re:MyOldPCs fails to build a list of available disks 7 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

When I press OK, the next screen shows an empty list of available drives. Continuing any further appears useless.
Leenen
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:MyOldPCs fails to build a list of available disks 7 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 52
There are a few other people getting this error, which was why we added some debug messages.

I assume that you are running as Administrator? We are checking our code for possible failure scenarios.
admin
graph
User Offline

Re:MyOldPCs fails to build a list of available disks 7 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Yes, my user account belongs to the administrator group.

BTW. I also noticed that the program modifies itself on disk. After execution, the original 'date last changed' is modified into the current date/time. This is odd. I restored the original from it's distribution archive and made it Read-Only. It no longer changes itself (at least the modification date) and does not seem to bother (no complaints).

Good luck in your search for a solution for us.
Leenen
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/02/09 11:40 By Leenen.

Re:MyOldPCs fails to build a list of available disks 7 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 52
can you run "diskmgmt.msc" from command line, and post the screenshot here?

I assume your disk is just a normal one coming from Dell Latitude, which happen to be the model I am using too.
admin
graph
User Offline

Go to topPage: 12345