Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Unable to open in vmlite workstation saved .vhd file
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Unable to open in vmlite workstation saved .vhd file
Unable to open in vmlite workstation saved .vhd file 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Have beeen using vmlite workstation for more than a year, very pleased with this product. But now a serious crash came (
As I was forced to secure erase my ssd with my vmlite machines on it, and I had a previously made clone image of my whole ssd disk, including the OS partition, I just made a copy of my .vhd image file stored on the another partition.

I forgot to make a copy of my VMLite Machine files stored on the OS partition

Than I succesfully restored my OS partition (in fact I restored the whole ssd disk from the saved image), and I moved back my last .vhd file to the previous localisation.

Now the .vhd file saved today does not match any more my VMLite Machine that was restored together with the whole OS disk from the image dated 24.04.2011.

But more, I am not able to open the .vhd file any more, not beeing able to add such a media in the virtual disks manager under VMLite Machine settings. When I try each time I get the info:
"Could not get the storage format of the medium 'E:\VMlites\VHardDisks\VMLite Lex+LP.vhd' (VERR_NOT_SUPPORTED)

Reading the details, I got:
VBOX_E_IPTR_ERROR (0x80BB0005).... (attached image )

Any idea how to get back my VMLite Machine working with the previous saved .vhd file (I have already tried to move the file to another location, or even to another disk, or to create a new VMLite Machine using this file...)???
RadioK
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Unable to open in vmlite workstation saved .vhd file 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 52
which tool did you use to create that vhd file? can you open it using Microsoft Windows 7 disk manager?
admin
graph
User Offline

Re: Unable to open in vmlite workstation saved .vhd file 6 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I had created the initial vhd file with MS Virtual PC/XP Mode and than imported the file to VMLite, using it for a couple of months without any problems.
But now you are right - the file seems to be corrupted because I am not able to merge the vhd disk in Win7 disk manager.
Thanks to your suggestion, I found an older copy of this file, so just had to manually perform all the upgrades since than. Anyway, it works so I am happy with VMLite once again, thanks
RadioK
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user

Go to topPage: 1