Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Direct URL link, HTML5, performance, secure connection questions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Direct URL link, HTML5, performance, secure connection questions
Direct URL link, HTML5, performance, secure connection questions 4 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Direct URL link to HTML5 Remote Control:
I need help creating a direct URL link to html5-based remote control. So, when I open my bookmark, I would see my Android desktop without any extra unecessary mouse clicks.

Direct, Secure HTML5 Connection:
It looks like browser based remote control requires vmlite.com before connecting to my Android VNC server. It looks like this dependency further slows down the time it takes to connect to my VNC server. Also, the security of the connection is uncertain since the remote control session appears to use any kind of encryption; such as SSL. Is there a way to connect directly AND securely to my VNC server using html5? If not, could you please enhance the software so users can connect directly and securely via html5?

Performance question:
I'm curious, what settings can I use on the server and client to get the best possible frame-rate? I have a live wallpaper with a spinning globe. From what I can tell, html5 browser mode seems to be fastest with the server set to .5 scaling.

I have nearly 72mbps of usable bandwidth between my phone and my VNC clinet. My phone has a quadcore 1.6GHz CPU. However, it looks like I'm getting only about .6Mbps effective throughput.

Thanks for creating the worlds best remote desktop solution on Android!!
MKANET
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2013/05/29 09:27 By MKANET.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Direct URL link, HTML5, performance, secure connection questions 4 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 86
For first one, you can just create an html shortcut on your desktop, this is how you can do it:

copy your chrome shortcut on desktop, rename it to "My Android", e.g., then right click the icon, and right click the Icon, Shortcut tab will show, after the Target:, append your-ip:5801 after the last quote ("). When done, you can click the shortcut to bring up your android screen inside browser.

Is this what you want?

About your 2nd question, vmlite.com stores the script for the entry point, the real vnc communications do NOT pass thru vmlite.com, so the performance impact is minimal. From next version, we can also enable the option to go to directly to the phone w/o going to vmlite.com. As for security, right now, there is no encryption done, which is why you can pick any.

About your 3rd question, the cause is the slowness of grabbing the screen on android, not much to do with the bandwidth, (0.5 is better as you already noted). Another way is to try to change Screen Capture Method to Framebuffer. We are investigating ways to improve this.
huisinro
graphgraph

Re: Direct URL link, HTML5, performance, secure connection questions 4 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 86
For rooted Android devices, we will have a version that can do real time streaming, very fast. but not ready yet.
huisinro
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1